Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Looking at Ditching Cisco Firepower

So we currently have a Cisco Firepower 2110 with a FMC. But lately we have been having problems with the Firewall crashing randomly. I have had call after call with Cisco Tac two levels of engineer and the developers cannot figure it out. So my boss suggested looking at another brands. I am a CCNA and have been brained washed by Cisco so I do not know much about outer brands. I am needing suggestions on brands (Fortinet, Palo Alto, Sophos, etc.) what do y'all use? We currently have a 1 gig connection but are looking at maybe increasing it to 2 gigs so it would need 10 gig SPF+ to do that. I work for a k-12 school district so money is a big factor and we only have about $20 to $25 k to spend. I have herd good thing about Palo Alto but I don't think they are in our price range. FortiGate looks good but I need something that is easy to setup and configure. What do y'all think?



No comments:

Post a Comment