Wednesday, November 25, 2020

L2TP/LNS hardware Recommendations

Hello,

I'm in the market to purchase new hardware to terminate L2TP/PPP sessions on an LNS.

This is to support xDSL assets, I currently support these services on VMs. I have around 5-6Gbps of traffic with an expected growth of 4-5 Gbps in the next 12 months. This traffic will be load-balanced across at least 2-3 of the new devices.

Looking at around 20-25K budget per device (or less if I can)

I've been looking at the Cisco ASR 1001-X which looks ideal, although, I'm open to the recommendation that I can also consider for my evaluation.

I need to be able to control these sessions via RADIUS attributes, i.e., dropping them into VRFs, rate-limiting, ACLs, etc.

I was wondering what some of you ladies & gents are using in your own infrastructure to support these services?



No comments:

Post a Comment