Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Is there a way to measure end to end SIP latency?

Not sure if this is the right sub so feel free to suggest alternatives.

My org recently switched our phone system (CUCM) from a PRI to SIP connection. The SIP connection to our provider goes out over our Internet connection.

Ever since the switch, it seems like our call experience has degraded. The quality is good in that I can hear the other person well and they can hear me well, but it seems like there's a slight delay - I find that I'm often talking over people because of it.

I don't know what this is called or how to reliably quantify it.

95% of our org is still doing WFH, so my team is one of the only ones still using the phone system. If there's a problem I'd like to try to identify it so we can either fix it or find a better solution before everyone comes back to the office after the holidays.

Is there some way that I can definitively measure the quality of a phone call (to include delay, etc.)?



No comments:

Post a Comment