Saturday, November 21, 2020

Intenret Edge Best Practise for convergence

Hi All,

I hope it is ok to ask this question here. I'm relatively new to network design I have CCNP/about 5 years experience in support but in terms of design & best practise I'm far from knowing what is right and what is wrong due to raw experience.

I work for a company in the UK where we have a small DC solution where we provide services to customers and an internet edge comprosing of multiple circuits over 2 DCs to 2 service providers.

We have a very basic solution whereby we use a primary outbound weighted path by OSPF & inbound is determinisitc by the AS-path length but the primary is weighted favoured for this and typically the path used. This has been in place for many years.

My question is not on this solution as I know can be improved for greater path selection using proper iBGP but on convergence and BFD. Do enterprises/service providers use BFD/or drastically lower the timers down. I know we could utilise dampening etc I'm just trying to understand how realisitic is using BFD or very low timers with BGP. I understand that convergence on the internet has to be taken into perspective also. Is there a best practise/approach to this or recommendation?

Thank you :)



No comments:

Post a Comment