Saturday, November 28, 2020

How to use AT&T WAN/LAN Blocks

Hey all - I'm getting an AT&T circuit delivered to one of our sites in the next month or so and on the order it looks like they're giving me a WAN (A.B.C.D/30) block and a LAN (E.F.G.H/29) block and I find myself doing some mental gymnastics on how to use the LAN block.

For context, we are using Bigleaf SDWAN, whose HA routers require two publicly routable IP addresses (one each), in this case, two IPs from my /29. In talking to AT&T, it sounds like I need to use the WAN block with a router and then I can use my LAN block. So my question is, how have others approached this?

My thought is that I already need a WAN switch to split AT&T into both Bigleaf routers, so I'm thinking of getting a Cisco 2960X with IP Lite (unless I can do this with a LAN Base license) and on enter a static route? Something like "ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 A.B.C.D"?

I generally consider myself decent with networking, but this WAN/LAN nonsense from AT&T has me stuck. Thanks so much for your help!



No comments:

Post a Comment