Friday, November 20, 2020

Difficulty with voice basics....

Hey all. I hope someone can help shed some light on this. So here is our basic set up.

We have two HQ locations, both with redundant cucm clusters, cuc, ect. At the edge of each we have a session boarder controller. Double everything. Then we have a ton of remote sites that are connected via SIP trunk to a 4321/4331 ISR. Also connected to those routers are POTS lines into the FXO module.

I have a fair grasp on internal dialing but my question is external. Say I'm sitting at our HQ in Atlanta and I want to dial to the local pizza shop. Does that hit the SBC then go to the PSTN or is that routed some other way?

Also say I wanted to dial the pizza shop down the street from a remote site we have, say in San Antonio. Is that handled the same way or does that go through the WAN to the remote site, then to the PSTN from there?

I'm all kinds of confused.... The question is so basic it's hard to get a straight answer which is making everything more muffled for me....



No comments:

Post a Comment