Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Cisco QoS advice

So I'm typically a Wi-Fi / NAC guy, but over the past two years have found myself doing a lot more route/switch projects. I'm a long time CCNP R&S and that is where so foundations are mostly rock solid, except for QoS.

I am on a switch refresh project where customer just "wants QoS" but doesn't really have the budget to do a full blown QoS scoping/design engagement. At least not right now. I would like to pull in one of our CCIEs to help out and learn from - pending availability, but I need to assume they aren't available to assist.

Is there a framework or best practice config that I can apply on the new L2/L3 switches that doesn't require too much modification, and is suitable for most environments analysing business requirements?

I've decided to grab Cisco's End-to-End QoS Network Design Book to brush up on some foundation topics in the mean time.

Any other advice re: QoS would be super appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment