Thursday, November 26, 2020

Bird BGP Help Regarding Using Announced IP

Hello,

First of all, I don’t know if this is the correct place to post this. Please also note that English is not my native language.

I am playing around with BGP through an ASN and a v6 /48 PI block assigned to me. I’ve setup everything on Bird (Ubuntu server) and am peered correctly with an a few IP’s being exported that I’ve setup on a dummy interface.

I can even ping from IP’s assigned to the dummy adapter via “ping6 -I *ipv6addr* google.com”, I have even assigned some IP’s to another real interface which I can also ping from.

My confusion seems to be this: How would I turn the IP’s (or block) on this VM (BGP server on ESXI) to be routed into a router like PfSense?

So far, I have tried sharing the interface via a vSwitch and tried setting up a static IP with one of the IP’s on that is allocated on the BGP server but this doesn’t seem to be working.

Can anyone help me as to what I’m missing?



No comments:

Post a Comment