Wednesday, November 4, 2020

BGP Question

So this my first time setting up BGP but wanted to run by users that probably know better than myself. I was requested to setup BGP between an Azure instance and on prem environment now these connections already have a Site to Site VPN tunnel however the on prem location has a backup internet. So the client would like to setup a BGP route between the backup connection and azure instance. I see all the locations of which I need to configure BGP but my confusion comes in with the neighboring/ ASN.

From reading online what I gathered is the ASN is given by the ISP so my assumption is I need to reach out to an ISP to obtain this and that it cant just be made up like a PSK on a site to site VPN?

Second part is the neighboring. Where a client showed me a connection it looked like their neighboring was using a private Class A Address. I dont believe that would be the case here since if the VPN broke how could it reach out so it would have to point to a public IP.



No comments:

Post a Comment