Monday, November 16, 2020

Alcatel-Lucent multicast issues

I have two Alcatel-Lucent omniswitches I am using with edge switches along with a Core switch setup with an application that uses multicast communicating with a VM on a hypervisor connected to the Core switch with all 3 on the same VLAN.

Multicasting is working on switch one fine no issues and the VM can see the application fine. However on switch two the VM can't see the application but the device on the other hypervisor can which is not what I want.

Running the command "show ip multicast source" on switch one shows me itself, the device on switch two, and the VM in the multicast routing table.

However, running the same command on switch two only shows me itself and the device on switch one. The VM does not appear in the multicast routing table at all.

How on switch two can I add the VM to the routing table for my VLAN?



No comments:

Post a Comment