Thursday, November 26, 2020

Activation of Port 22 on WatchGuard Dimension

Hello everyone.

I have a question about WatchGuard Dimension. Is it possible to enable the Port 22 (SSH) for data transport over WinSCP?

My purpose is to install the Check_MK Agent so I can monitor the Dimension Server, but unfortunately, I couldn’t install the “openssh” packages because the root-user was disable or unavailable(?). I tried to change his password, but it was not possible.

I did a research on the watchguard forums and couldn’t find any solution. Is there a default root-user except the “wgsupport” user?

In the Dimension Setting there is a setting about the Remote Backups on an external file folder. Port 22 is also an option for this function, and it is automatically by default active if we enable this function. Does this have anything to do with my goal?

Thanks a lot for reading and in advance for your answers!

Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment