Friday, November 27, 2020

A problem with D-Link DES 1024D switch

Sorry if that's a newbie question but I can't seem to figure out what's wrong with it.

At work, we have a D-Link DES 1024D and suddently the internet disappeared completely in the entire office. I connected my laptop into ISP's router - the Internet works. So my next thought is that something is wrong with the Switch.

I disconnected everything from the Switch and connected only the cable from Router and my laptop - the Internet worked. I checked every port - all of them seem to be working. Then I started connecting devices one-by-one and after I connect ~16 devices - the Internet just drops on all devices connected. It doesn't even matter what ports I use or which devices I connect to it, at a certain amount of devices connected, the Internet stops working.

Any ideas?



No comments:

Post a Comment