Tuesday, November 17, 2020

A day in the life of a network admin

Hey all,

I don't think this post violates any of the rules, but feel free to delete if it does. I'm trying to get a better understanding of what's important to networking folks on a day to day basis. Full disclosure, I work for a NPM vendor. I ask because I fully understand what we do at my job, but I know that's just a subset of what folks like you care about. A few years back, I got Network+ and Security+ certifications, which gave me a good understanding of the basics from a technology standpoint, but I guess I don't necessarily understand how that translates to the day to day. I've been looking for resources like the Network Manager's Handbook and network planning and design books to give me a broader understanding. I enjoy the posts here because they seem so varied and helps me with what I'm looking for, but I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions for resources for me to read that you think might make sense. I understand what I'm asking for is very broad, but I feel like I can't have meaningful conversations with networking people without fully understanding what they care about. I appreciate any feedback anyone has!



No comments:

Post a Comment