Monday, November 9, 2020

1 device needs to failover between two ISPs on a Nexus Switch

Hi all,

I have one host device (video decoder appliance) that needs to have high availability. It receives data from the internet and I want to allow the device to receive data from either of our two ISP connections. The decoder only has the ability for one ethernet connection and a single IP address.

Obviously I could you use a firewall or ASA to do the WAN failover and NAT in front of the decoder however I’m wondering if instead I could use a Nexus 93180YC layer 3 switch that we have.

Note: I’m fine with the decoder living on the public internet if need be, it can be assigned a public IP.

After some research here... Here’s my guess how this would have to be setup, but I’m by no means positive... nexus would need to have a SVI connected to ISP 1 and and an SVI connected to ISP 2. Public IP’s assigned to the SVI’s themselves.

Then, I would need some form of NAT for the decoder? This is where I get very blurry.

Any advice or guidance here would be super helpful. Really appreciate it!



No comments:

Post a Comment