Tuesday, October 27, 2020

(Windows 10) Internet fails over Wifi but works over Mobile Hotspot that uses same Wifi

When I connect over WIFI directly (PC to router, which is connected to modem), internet has issues (page doesn't load, will download for a bit then stop). The status "Connected, secured" w/ full signal icon. Other times, it will work for a few minutes then will just stop again.

The strange thing is.. it works completely fine on the smartphone that's connected to the very same WIFI. And when I connect my PC to my phone over Mobile Hotspot, internet works fine again (w/ reduced speed tho). Also, yes, I'm sure I'm not using my phone carrier data.

Tried turning off+on router&modem, resetting network setting through Windows settings.

Somehow my PC isn't able to communicate properly with the router, perhaps not being assigned the right IP address or something. And I feel that it's something more about my computer than the router that ruined it's capacity to communicate properly, since I've had virus detected, quarantined recently by Windows Security. Perhaps some vital piece that's relevant to coordinating IP address is corrupt or missing?

Any ideas? Thank you in advance



No comments:

Post a Comment