Thursday, October 8, 2020

What is the best way to transition from static routes to BGP?

Hey,

I've got two DCs that are connected via L2 circuit.

They are currently operating via static routes, about 40-50 on each end.

I was wondering what is the best process to transition from these static routes to BGP.

I was thinking about creating a prefix filter of all the private 1918 ranges, applying that as an outbound filter and then redistributing all my connected routes.

This would natively restrict any public routes from being advertised between each DC, as well as advertise any future private range interfaces I create instantly without any input.

Having said that, is there a better way? Should I instead one by one "network 10.0.0.0/29" under the bgp protocol?

Thoughts?



No comments:

Post a Comment