Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Unable to Open Public Wifi Login Page

Hello,

I’m trying to connect my laptop to the public wifi on the fishing vessel I work on. The public wifi requires us to each login with a personalized username and password, however I can’t get to the login page on my laptop.

Typically, going to 2.2.2.2/login.html opens the login page without any problems, as it did on my mobile device, however when I attempt to do so on my laptop, I am redirected to the following URL:

2.2.2.2/login.html?redirect=www.gstatic.com/generate_204

This displays this webpage: https://imgur.com/a/07Inzvr (apologies for the terrible quality)

When clicking on ‘Connect’ it’s just a dead click, nothing will open.

Things I’ve tried: Restarting PC Rebooting Wifi Removing Popups Flushing DNS Chrome and Edge browsers Disabling firewall

Not really sure what else I can try. Will attempt to get a Firefox browser installed tomorrow, but I’m pretty much out of ideas from google, and that’s the last thing I could find. Any information or suggestions are very much appreciated. I’m heading to bed so I likely wouldn’t be able to try/reply for about 8 hours.

Thanks again.



No comments:

Post a Comment