Wednesday, October 21, 2020

(shot in the dark) WTB: Cable Matters (brand) CAT6 plenum cable (CMP), bulk, in grey/gray color

I'm trying to match an existing installation where I used this brand and color of cable.

It turns out Cable Matters now only sells this cable in blue and black:

https://www.cablematters.com/pc-314-161-ul-listed-plenum-jacket-cmp-cat6-bulk-ethernet-cable-1000-feet.aspx
Model: 160016-GRY

I haven't been able to find stock in grey anywhere.

I'm thinking maybe some IT department or IT installer (or even home installer) might have some old leftover stock from a previous installation somewhere. Of course, a full box would be ideal, but I'll gladly take a partial box of this stuff (50m/150ft or more would be useful).


I know I could get custom cable made, but while I care to match the color if possible, the project is not big or expensive enough to justify the cost of a custom cable.

I also know I could just forget about matching colors and by another brand in grey, but this project is not very urgent, so I can take my time and try to find a match, and I would rather match the color exactly. I've done a lot of cable installs and "grey" is not nearly consistent at all across different brands. The Cable Matters "grey", for example, is definitely "yellower" or "beiger" than most I've seen.


I hope this kind of post is allowed here. Forgive me if it's not.



No comments:

Post a Comment