Friday, October 16, 2020

Running Cisco CML in the cloud

Hello everyone,

I got couple of cisco certificates expiring next year and I think I need some place for labbing. Couple of years ago I've been using GNS for small labbing, but I guess it's considered obsolete now. I haven't used VIRL, but seen some videos on it. Since CML is a new VIRL, I guess it's is my option. And I got a small limitation here - I don't have any separate room or basement for buying a server and setting up my homelab (and tbh I'm more looking for plug-and-play solution here!). So I'd like to ask is there any CML-ready cloud service? I was thinking about DigitalOcean droplet (price is per-hour which is very cool since I don't need it running 24/7, only couple of hours per day), but not sure if it will work out - to deploy a centos droplet, install vmware player on top of it and spinning CML VM inside. I guess this would require nested virtualization and I'm not sure DigitalOcean is ok with that.

And as a side question: does CLS licensing require Internet access? or it has an offline option? thinking of deploying CML on one of test-servers but it's a restricted sandbox without any access to global network.

Thanks.



No comments:

Post a Comment