Monday, October 26, 2020

Recommendations for generic SFP+ vendors?

Yes, I know, Fiberstore. My manager has concerns about Chinese government involvement in the company, and so I am looking for alternatives. Not worth the fight when I'm already trying to convince them to stop spending obscene dollars on Cisco-branded optics.

Work in healthcare, and after a brief year or so of decent budget for upgrades, the COVID has hammered us hard and we're looking for ways to stretch the budget. Optics is low-hanging fruit.

I'd considered AO/Advantage/InterOptic, but I can't find any information on pricing beyond "request a quote". We used them at $OLD_JOB, so I know they work decent, but I'm still in a "convince the boss/team that this is a good idea" phase and getting quotes is not something I want to be doing yet. If anyone knows what their list prices per optic are for both SR and LR SFP+, that would go a ways.

Who are you using for your optics needs?



No comments:

Post a Comment