Friday, October 2, 2020

Question regarding correct VLAN configuration

Hi guys,

I'm a sysadmin for a SMB and haven't done alot of networking recently.

I have done some research and I think I know hot do do it but I would really appreciate a second opinion.

At the moment we have a firewall (sophos xg) with 6 interfaces which are all in use.

We have configured VLANS on the switches but not on the firewall.

The connection firewall -> switch is for each VLAN an untagged port on the switch to the firewall port.

Now I need to create 3 additional VLANs and I'm not sure how to configure it.

I know I need to create the VLANs on the Firewall and attach them to a port.

But what's about the Port on the switch? I think it needs to stay untagged on the VLAN it already had and tagged with the additional VLANS. Is that correct?

Thanks in advance



No comments:

Post a Comment