Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Pros and Cons Network equipment refurb vs New [open debate]

Dear community,

I'm creating this post in order to have a constructive debate about the topic above.

I'll be totally honest, I'm a Senior Account Manager in an European company and can be referred as a ''Broker''. To summarize, we buy and sell Cisco/Juniper gear and we deal on a daily basis with major telcos and end-users worldwide. Specifically network equipment ( ASR/MX/Nexus/QFX/Catalyst/transceivers..)

Personally I'm aware to when or not offering refurb equipment but I'd like to get some extra perspectives in order to give some more input to ours junior trainees. I'm aware that for some situations were direct support from Cisco is needed and not replaceable by some spares on site the question is not even on the table. The idea is to deepen the subject and it won't be published anywhere.

To summarize, I'm after yours Pros and Cons/Opinions/ fear(s)/ awareness/... ofc questions are welcome too!

Don't hesitate to give your honest opinions, critics are welcome when said in a constructive way.

Cheers,

Thomas



No comments:

Post a Comment