Sunday, October 4, 2020

Please help, really exhausted and need some basic assistance

Okay, so In theory, my problem is a simple one, but it has proven incredibly frustrating to solve.

I need to get internet to my home PC, which is about 15 feet away and one room over from the nearest coax access point for my internet router.

Hardlining something is not an option (please don’t recommend drilling any holes in the floor, as my landlord won’t allow it), so I bought myself a netgear ac1000 thinking that would be an easy way to solve the problem, right? I just get that connected to my main router, put it on my desk, run hardline my PC into THAT and presto change, right?

Well, apparently dumb me didn’t know that you need to hardline the ac1000 into the original modem, basically just duplicating my problem.

I just need an easy solve. My computer DOES NOT have a wireless card in it, as the plan was always to hardline it, and for the last few years, that has worked.

So if anyone has any advice on an easy way to get my PC connected, you have no idea how much I would appreciate it



No comments:

Post a Comment