Sunday, October 18, 2020

Nexus EVPN/VXLAN: Overkill

Hello

I manage a network for 900+ cameras and about 30 physical servers that manage them.

All the servers are in one room and one L2 VLAN. I have 15 distribution switches (Cat9000 stacks or chassis for the cameras, the servers are all connected to 2960X. All theses switches are connected in L2 to a 9500.

I plan on changing theses 2960X by Nexus 9000. I am wondering if, given my network, using VXLAN/EVPN between the Nexus and 9500 is a good idea or if its overkill.

Given that my network is all L2 (Yes i know its terrible but i can't do anything about it, long story...) i think i can break the L2 at the core and have L3 between the core and the servers switches would be a good thing but i'm not sure...

Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment