Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Need help setting up edgerouter with all in one gateway that cant disable NAT

I went shopping for some networking goodies today ( Edgerouter X-SFP and a UniFi AP AC LR). My wall mounted modem is a very restricted ISP provided Siligence TCG-300 shitbox. Currently the Siligence is transmitting 2 SSID's right now with NAT and DHCP enabled. I cannot turn off NAT on my modem, neither does it support MAC pass through nor does it have a bridge mode so I cannot use it as modem only. the Diligence DHCP is handing out 192.168.0.xx IP's.

I want my setup to resemble something like the following:

Modem in -> Edgerouter -> Unifi AP

The Unifi AP can transmit 1 SSID as far as I am concerned but I need two VLAN's.

One VLAN should have three devices to it:

- My wired PC (I'm thinking I should wire this to my edgerouter right?)

- My wired Raspi running HASS (I'm thinking I should wire this to my edgerouter right?)

- My laptop which should connect through the AP

Second VLAN should have some insecure IOT devices linked to it and needs to be able to have some firewall rules tied to it.

The raspberry Pi needs access to the second VLAN so I can control my smart stuff from it.

Online I find a lot of guides how to set up edgerouter but they all assume that the modem is in bridge modeor mac passthrough with NAT disabled mode and DHCP disabled. How should I go about this? I dont need access from outside my network to any hardware nor do I need VPN access,



No comments:

Post a Comment