Monday, October 26, 2020

Help with Redundant WAN and Redundant Network

Every guide I see on the internet references dual WAN to one device, at least in the topology. I am trying to design a network with full redundancy and want to understand if I have the basics correctly.

Two separate connections from Comcast and Verizon.

Assuming Comcast and Verizon only have *one* single ethernet hand-off, I have designed a network topology with this limitation in mind in order to achieve full redundancy.

(1 Ethernet)Comcast--> (1 Ethernet) Managed Switch --> (2 Ethernet; 1 for each Firewall) Firewall using VRRP

(1 Ethernet)Verizon --> (1 Ethernet) Managed Switch --> (2 Ethernet; 1 for each Firewall) Firewall using VRRP

I posted my diagram on imgur --> https://imgur.com/lMYu06t

I want to know if this will work as I intend based on the diagram and the need for redundancy. I am open for any ideas and suggestions. My goal is to create a simple to understand, simple to implement and reliable for the cheap... within reason.



No comments:

Post a Comment