Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Frustrated with vQFX and vMX dual image setup in GNS3

I’ve been fairly new to networking side off IT (doing on two years) but really like it. I started a job with a large ISP in the US a few months ago and need to get up to speed with multicast ASAP. So I started with the training on Junos genius and am pretty comfortable with the theory. Am starting to lab up some of the scenarios in the training and day one books but the two separate vm’s for control and forwarding plane is making some of the labs unwieldy and hard to organize. I’ve seen rumors or single vm images for vMX but those look older 14.something and seems almost impossible to get your hands on. Is there any tips for 1) some type of layering so that these can look like one device. 2) I’ve looked into EVE-NG as it’s mentioned a bunch in some of Juniper day one books. Same issue with having to use two images 3) I used juniper vlabs but there are limitations. Any help would be nice.



No comments:

Post a Comment