Thursday, October 1, 2020

Failover Setup With VPLS

Hey All,

We are running into an issue that we... well, didn't plan properly for. We have a VPLS circuit connecting 2 data centers. We are using OTV and extending the VLANs to the 2nd datacenter because that is going to be our new primary DC. We are using this for data migration and host creation at the location.

The problem we are facing is, should that circuit drop, we have no redundancy. The obvious solution is to get another private circuit, however, that would prove difficult with out time frame that we would need it in. Obviously, the problem comes from extending the VLANs. IPSEC VPN tunnels are not really an option that I am aware of for this. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

We have DIA circuits in place, which is why I was hoping to be able to somehow use one of them for redundancy, but I cannot figure out how to pull that off.

Any help for this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment