Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Event Driven Automation

I have been automating against networks for the past year or two now mostly doing config management and deploying new configs. I am getting more interested in event driven automation or some sort of self healing automation. I want to use Cisco DNA to send API calls to Ansible or Argo in K8S and run scripts to try and fix issues before it opens a ticket if it cant. We have the ability to do this as well with Solarwinds. I am curious if anyone else has done anything similar or something different to solve problems in their network?

One problem I am having is APs will go offline so I am running a series of commands to try and get the AP back online.

Also sometimes certain devices get profiled in ISE wrong and a script will try to remediate the issue from the switch and ISE itself.

I don't know about any of you but I miss having this conversations with people around the office. Fuck COVID-19



No comments:

Post a Comment