Monday, October 5, 2020

DataCenter Internet - Please Help!!

Does anyone have suggestions for what I can do to fix the following? Here is my setup:

Fiber from DataCenter (internet) terminated into my UF-24 port switch On SFP2. I can confirm this optical cable is lit and traffic sent and received.

I then mirror this port to switch port #22 which I’ve got patched to my USG Router on WAN1. “Port 22 is operating in mirror mode and is mirroring traffic to/from port SFP2”

I’ve tried mirroring in both directions. SFP2 as mirror of 22, and visa versus.

You could say Im using this as a media converter until my Palo Alto router that has SFP arrives. All of this Ubiquiti gear is going to eBay as soon as that arrives.

On the router I’ve set up a WAN network: A.b.c.d/28 is my address and subnet mask. (Confirmed correct with data center)

D.e.f.g is my router (confirmed correct with my data center)

I’ve got 8.8.8.8 and 4.2.2.2 as my DNS servers and I’m using VLAN ID provided by my data center.

Connected to the Switch, My laptop can hit the USG router, Yet traceroute cannot find the internet provider’s router or internet or any other site.

Any thoughts?



No comments:

Post a Comment