Friday, October 30, 2020

Considering power line adapters for 7 separate rooms with thick walls, am I going down the best route?

Hi /r/networking

 

I'm looking for a bit of additional information to make sure I'm going about the right way of solving my problem.

 

Looking into a business site that will have a reception + 6 rooms. The rooms will all require Wi-Fi access points for customers and internet access for 3 other rooms for members of staff.

 

The business is located in a basement and the walls are thick, so Wi-Fi signal alone won't cut it. I was thinking about getting power line adapters in each room and setting up networks for customers to access when the rooms are in use. I'm aware that power line adapters require the existing wiring to facilitate it and I'm under the impression that they were used previously.

 

Are power line adapters designed to accommodate this many repeaters? Is there a better commercial solution I'm missing other than hard-wiring?

 

Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment