Thursday, October 29, 2020

Cisco FEX

Hi, the last week or so i have been watching INE's CCIE data centre videos regarding the Cisco Nexus series. All in all so far i have to say they are good. I have gotten to about a quarter of the way through now and arrived at FEX. There has never been a networking topic were i stopped and thought..."I don't need this" or "this seems like a really bad idea" but with FEX i got about 20 mins in and switched off and moved to the next segment in the series.

I have to ask, has anyone else worked with them or thought this over time? Heavy North/South flows and traffic travelling to the EOR switches even for packets that could traverse the local FEX switch. I just sat there shaking my head thinking "surely this isn't implemented heavily today?"

Anyone any thoughts or am I just totally way off here?



No comments:

Post a Comment