Thursday, October 1, 2020

Changing VPC Peer-Link Ports

I have a couple N9k's who are using a pair of 10g ports as their peer link, and I want to upgrade them to 100g ports.

In my config, the peer link is Po1. What would be the best way to move the peer link to a port channel using my 100g ports? I've thought of the following:

  1. Mirror the config of the Po1 member ports to the 100g interfaces, creating a port channel with four interfaces (two 10g, two 100g), then just remove the 10g ports from the channel group.

  2. Create a new port channel with the 100g interfaces and change the config to use the new port channel.

I think it's probably obvious that I'm trying to do this with the least amount of downtime and possible trouble. What I'm not sure of, is can I even create a port channel with interfaces of different speeds? I guess I've never tried that before...and will that work? It seems like the first option is the easiest and most straight forward, but I want to make sure I'm not overlooking something.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Answer received. Thanks for the quick responses!



No comments:

Post a Comment