Monday, October 5, 2020

Autonegotiation issue with a twist

My autonegotiated connection is going back to 100/Half Duplex and not working at all -- link but no connectivity. If I set the speed of the connection to 1Gbs but keep auto-negotiation on duplex, the connection works and is 1Gbs Full duplex. I'm assuming that this is a wiring issue but I've never seen one in which a forced 1Gbs connection would work where an autonegotiated connection would not. Other connections in the building on the same switch appear to be working normally. No errors showing on the interface. Normally a wiring error would be a bad conductor that would force a 100Mbs and would not work at 1Gbs.

I've got 3 connections in the same office behaving the same way. This is on a Juniper switch.



No comments:

Post a Comment