Saturday, September 19, 2020

What would be a good hands on workshop to teach college students about networks?

I'm leading a student club centered around teaching students applicable, hands on skills used in the tech world that can help them find their calling/career path so to speak. Coming up next is our networks workshop. So I'm looking for something to dip everyone's toes in to get an idea of it. Many students have already taken their fundamental networking class, but there are the few that haven't.

I'm trying to find something that everyone can enjoy and get something out of. Something that says "this is what networking is, this is a hands on practice of what you'd be doing in a networking job". Off the top of my head, I'm thinking on a Wireshark lab, but I wanted to see if anyone else had any good ideas?

Edit: this would all be done over Teams since we're not allowed to meet. I'd do the hosting which is on the uni network and I can't setup servers or anything. Some students are on campus and some are remote. But the entire lab would be remote and online



No comments:

Post a Comment