Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Wake devices on LAN from usb device?

We have about 20 of these little machines at our corporation that we need to be able to use WOL on at random times. The included ethernet adapter does not support WOL, so waking the device when it is 100% off is not an option. There are no open PCI slots. However, when the computers are in sleep mode, a mouse or keyboard can wake it from sleep mode. I'm wondering if there is some sort of a USB device that could virtualize a mouse and wake the computer remotely?

EDIT, SOLUTION FOUND: Okay, as I'm typing this, a coworker found this repo using a raspberry pi zero (and presumably would work with a pi zero w). This answers my question but I figured I'd post it anyways so someone else that needs this will find a solution!



No comments:

Post a Comment