Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Unifi Cloudkey VLAN configuration

So I have a single Dell N2000p switch which has 5 Multiple VLANs configured for different areas of the network. Switch is on vlan 100.

The Unifi cloudkey and APs are in vlan 101 and are all configured in trunk ports with the native vlan being 101.

I have configured 2 SSIDs and these are vlan 104/105 and tag their traffic on the AP.

102/103 is my client and voip vlan and all Ethernet switch ports are configured as a general port with pvid as 102 and voip as 103.

Now uplink from the switch goes to my firewall where the vlans are also configured. The firewall controls DHCP for each vlan.

At the moment each vlan can route to the others so for example on the client vlan (102) I can access the switch on vlan 100.

My issue is that I cannot connect to the unifi cloud key on vlan 101 from any vlan other than 101. Oddly I can access the APs which are also on the 101 vlan.

Does this indicate a switch issue? I read that the cloud controller doesn’t support a management vlan but I can’t find anything official.



No comments:

Post a Comment