Thursday, September 24, 2020

Topology Discuss - GRE Tunnel Services - Layer2 and Layer3

Guys,

I do provide Tunnel GRE Layer2 and 3 Services through internet

Basic topology mostly STAR, a concentrator tunnel GRE device aggregate customer ends tunnel in one broadcast domain, bridge.

I have added another concentrator in different AS to minimize BGP route flapping.

RSTP does elect root port and alternate port, so layer2 topology would be like this - https://imgur.com/572YUI9, so when there is route flapping there is minimal impact but Spanning Tree does not handle packet loss, I did design a algorithm to handle packet loss and disable tunnels based on how much % packets are lost

In layer3 services, routes are transported between nodes via OSPF.
OSPF was not designed to do this, even though it "works", the OSPF domain get LSAs from others entities through OSPF, that could lead to an unexpected behavior.

An overview of the topology is here - https://imgur.com/qmLNeOq

Those project were already implemented when I got in this company, I did some upgrades and planning to

I'm studying to implement VPLS, layer2 and layer3. The only issue is I'm not sure about how MPLS handle more than one Label switch path

So the discussion is, what do you guys think would be a better topology/protocols?



No comments:

Post a Comment