Thursday, September 17, 2020

SSL VPN: keep accessing internet while tunnel established

Issue : Once mobile vpn client (cyberoam SSL client for me now but has the same issue on other vpn clients previously) connected, internet access is lost. I share with you the fix that worked for me : On computer: 1-modify interfaces metric to prioritize WiFi interface over RJ45 interface. 2-Remove 2 routes on my computer. Using powershell: remove-netroute -destinationprefix 128.0.0.0/1,0.0.0.0/1 -confirm:$false

As I have to run this command each time I connect the VPN client, I would be glad if you share any better way you use to keep simultaneous access to internet and ssl tunnel automatically once you connect your vpn client. Maybe something to add on the ssl configuration file.

I also wonder if this introduce any security issue ?



No comments:

Post a Comment