Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Small Business Access Security Question/Help Needed

In short, I am helping my completely IT illiterate brother in law setup a network for his small business. A while back he had an ex-employee login and mess with their stuff and is wanting more security. I am great with figuring out computer stuff, but personally I have never really been involved in enterprise networking. I have decided on a Ubiquiti DM, +8 switch, +2 or 3 AP's for hardware as it seems reasonable in price and pretty straight forward to setup (I don't mind opinions if you think there is something better/easier out there).

My main question and concern is, what will be the best way to get the best security from his ex-employees gaining access to their network? Typically in big office settings that I'm used to, everyone has a login, and access to VPN through a login (like fortinet). Is this possible with this setup and what would I need to do? I was thinking of a guest network and just changing the password once a week or something, but that seems like a lot of work for a guy that is computer illiterate. I tried searching for this answer, but either don't know how to narrow down searches, or don't know what its called to really get good answers. Any help or direction is greatly appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment