Monday, September 14, 2020

Sample python scripts

Hello everyone,

Not sure if I have posted this before but I want to get some ideas as of where a python script can help in my day to day life in an enterprise network.

We have Cisco equipment, Solarwinds management server with NCM module installed and recently Cisco DNA.

The thing is, we don't do much in regards to config. Most of the stuff is being configured from the team in India, which leaves us room for project work.

However, I have never seen a need to automate anything with Python that our tools cannot do. Solarwinds NCM has good features in regards to identifying and reporting missing or excess lines of config, and if I need to configure an interface, it would be easier to do it myself.

So what are some good cases that you have used in production that made python worthwhile?



No comments:

Post a Comment