Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Question about monitoring fan inlet temperature on Cisco 3850.

My goal is to monitor the inlet temperature of a Cisco 3850 fan and have the switch notify me if the temperature goes over X degrees. I have many remote locations (50+) would like to take advantage of the temperature monitoring already inside my Cisco gear.

It doesn’t appear that I can adjust the temperature thresholds for GREEN, YELLOW, and RED from the “show environment temp status” command. If I could then temperature alerts would show up in Solarwinds. Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe these values are hard set.

I think that there might be a way to do this with Cisco EEM (Embedded Event Manager). But I pretty new to this feature and I am not sure how to implement this. The fan inlet temperature seems to be what I should be watching.

Has anyone solved the problem of monitoring room temperature using the existing Cisco gear?
Is there another direction I should be looking?



No comments:

Post a Comment