Saturday, September 26, 2020

New Catalyst 9000 Deployment QoS Questions

I just took delivery of 2 Cat 9500-32c's for our core, 4 Cat 9500-48Y4C's for distribution, and just under 100 9300's for access layer switches to replace our network infrastructure. This is replacing a bunch of 3750/2960's and a Meraki MS425 core stack. I am using stackwise virtual between the core switches and the 2 pairs of distribution switches. I have 2 40G connections (LACP) between the distribution layer and core switches and will have 2 10G connections (LACP) between distribution and access. An HA pair of Palo Alto 5220's will connect to the core and handle our two redundant 10G internet connections. I am looking at QoS and the config on the 3850/9000 series is new to me. We have Cisco VoIP and quite a few staff doing a lot of Zoom meetings but nothing else to speak of. QoS is basically non existent in the environment. I have been reading and trying to wrap my head around it and have come up with this for a user facing port:

class-map match-any Voice match ip dscp ef class-map match-any Zoom_Video match ip dscp CS5 cmass-map match-any Zoom_Audio match ip dscp CS7 policy-map ACCESS class Voice priority level 1 police rate percent 1 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop class Zoom_Audio police rate percent 1 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop class Zoom_Video police rate percent 1 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop class class-default bandwidth remaining percent 100 

The way I understand it, assuming a 1G connection to the client this would ensure 10M of bandwidth for each of these classes. I don't know if I am going about this the right way at all and I know know what would be best to do on the uplinks between access and distribution and distribution and core. Any advice is appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment