Saturday, September 26, 2020

Need Help with my Network setup please.

Hi,

My plan is to create 2 routers. One for a VPN client (OpenVPN or Wireguard) and other is for pfsense firewall for my local network. I want to achieve it through virtualization. One VM running Ubuntu or somether linux version, for VPN client and the other VM should be for pfsense.

Problem is I only have one onboard NIC on my host machine.I have an L2/L3 switch though(TP-Link Jetstream 8port). Is it possible to bypass networks of both the VMs through the single NIC onto the switch and assign a Wan and Lan ports to each VM on Switch? I know a quad port NIC would do the trick. But NIC cards are little out of my budget now.

So please help me to put all this together.

PS: Both VMs should be on seperate subnets.



No comments:

Post a Comment