Friday, September 18, 2020

Need Help : Cluster of local network with wireless internet

Devices :

  • Modem
  • Router for modem/internet
  • Router

I want to create my own network where routers connect each other with wire or wireless (required both) and share the resources on their LAN ports, or even the wirelessly connected resources.

I have ISP issued router, that connects to modem and is the only one with with local and public IP address. It has 4 LAN ports, all filled with local resources, that have internet access.

My two personal routers connect with this router. One with wire, another as WAP mode. All of their LAN ports are occupied with devices like desktop, or raspberry Pi's.

Now I want all of my resources available to any clients that is connected with either of those 3 routers either with wire or wireless. Here is where I Failed badly, and sadly.

My approach is to disable the DHCP on client/local routers, and make them static router, with same IP range of the public/internet router. Since I need wireless and LAN capability on all of the routers, I can not make the LAN and WAN share the same IP Range. It has to be different - 192.168.0.XX, or 192.168.1.XX, so it is the beginning of problem.

Please help me.

Sample Network Structure:

https://i.redd.it/z41lcw3b1vn51.jpg



No comments:

Post a Comment