Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Microscanner POE and CableIQ Information

Hello all!

I am interested in buying a new network tester (currently using the Noyafa NF-388), and was looking at getting one of those Fluke Network testers. I had some questions about them, and was wondering if anyone on this subreddit would have some experience with these tools. The two tools in particular I was looking at are the Micrcoscanner POE and the CableIQ. Here are my questions.

  1. The Microscanner POE says it checks advertised speeds, but does this in any form confirm the speed? I.E. a 300ft Cat5 line could advertise 10g but not actually be able to preform even 100mb, right? I know it isn't reasonable to ask it to certify cable, but just wondering the value of the speed check feature.
  2. Does the CableIQ do POE checking, and if so, does it do it to the same standards at the Microscanner POE? I.E. 802.3bt?
  3. Is it possible for the CableIQ to check 10g cable? I know it checks 1g cable, and it isn't DSX or anything, but I feel the 1g check is a tad bit dated.
  4. This is a personal question, but would you recommend either the Microscanner POE or the CableIQ? I work in the AV industry, not the IT industry. I feel the Microscanner is more of a field techs tool and that the CableIQ is a bit dated, but I could be wrong. I know other companies make testers too, but I am just at the moment interested in learning about these two tools.

Thank you, hopefully this all made sense!



No comments:

Post a Comment