Friday, September 4, 2020

Looking for recommendations on providing internet (and management) for 3 temporary classrooms

My younger brother works for an ISP and on occasion he will get approached with side work from time to time. He recently was asked if he could help an organization setup wireless access points (Ubiquiti) to support 3 classrooms with about 60 kids. The classrooms will likely be temporary, but the organization wants help with ongoing support as they have zero IT presence at the moment. That's where I come in, I've done IT administration work for years. I have never setup an environment from scratch though, which is why I have a few questions.

So my questions are as follows:

At the minimum what would be required to provide the students with a safe and reliable internet experience? (firewall, wireless controller, etc.)

What would be the best way to monitor and manage the students internet usage?

Are there any other considerations to keep in mind when it comes to providing internet access for students?

Thank you for any suggestions.



No comments:

Post a Comment