Saturday, September 5, 2020

Issues with Unifi USG Pro 4

So I have spent a lot of time trying to fix this but I cannot figure out the issue.

So I have tried setting an USG Pro 4 up with Static IP. I have a remote Unifi Controller.

So first of all I discovered an issue with the USG not working with the ISPs DNS. So I tried changing the DNS with echo "nameserver 8.8.8.8" > /etc/resolv.conf this worked but only sometimes. During some resets the USG just would not take the DNS. But anyway that worked I could Adopt the router.

But then the IP issues started so the device would get my Static IP, Subnet ask but it would not save my Gateway. I cannot find any information about setting an static IP with ssh.

After several attempts, multiple resets. Random SSH commands I could not get nothing would work.

The only time I could get the router to connect with the controller was when I used DHCP with Google DNS over 4G...

Why does the USG Pro 4 not save my IP config??



No comments:

Post a Comment