Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Issues pinging from VM to VM

Im a student and very early in my education, so bear with me if i sound like a newbie. I have 2 clients on 2 different LAN's connected through a WAN, i've configured my cisco 1941 routers and switches, and everything seems to be working as expected, im able to ping and tracert without any issues. On each of my clients i have installed 2 VM's in Hyper V, im using virtual switches, installed as external. I can ping from the LAN-1 VM to the physical LAN-2 client and vice versa just fine, but for some odd reason i cant ping from VM to VM, it tells me "destination host can't be reached" etc.

I've been trying to fix the issue by myself today for many hours, trying to reinstall hyper-v, the virtual switches, upgradig one of the clients to a more recent windows version etc, no fix so far.

Could anyone give me a few tips? Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment