Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Is there a better way to move a large file (image) from one network share to another?

I am trying to move a large image 30gb atm (with more on the way) from one share to another. Both are at our companies network maybe different servers.

I don't recall if me copy/pasting from one to the other adds a middle man to the time? Its going like 1.5MBs max atm and was wondering if there was a way to remove myself from the middle (if its even effecting anything).

I dont have any control over the network but if its caching or generally slowing down due to my methods like like to know, I am working from home and VPNing in so I know stuff sent from my machine to the network is this slow, but dont think network to network should be this slow imo.

Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment